Google

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

1st MBA Assignment

Ever heard of an Academic Adventure ??? I just managed to have a close encounter with the same. If you wanna be part of it or experience it then go , join a B-School and wait for the prof. who claims to be the first one to start with the concept of Assignments. Yeah, U guessed it right.. the adventure talked about is 1st MBA assignment , I was lucky to ride on a Economics one, and if you failed to guess by now, then dont even dare to join any B-school.

Dr. Rakesh Singh, our Economics prof., started his 1st lecture with crusaders batch declaring about the 1st assignment to be submitted on 10th May before 10 a.m. ; the topic happened to be National Income & its trends from 1990 to 2005. Believe me guys, I have idea about the term ‘National’ & the term ‘Income’ , but had no idea that when you join them together creates a major chaos. Anyway, it was our Crusader’s first assignment so with full enthusiasm we noted it down, in the class it was announced that the assignment has to be done in group of five, so I believe nobody would have been tensed that minute , ‘cos everybody believed in the other four team-mates, but suddenly the mole seemed to be a mountain when it was made clear that it is not a group assignment & every1 has to do it individually. To make it simpler , I wud say ‘ Waat Lag Gayi’.

Sunday, somehow I managed to get up by 10, was in no mood to start with the assignment work, but had to , so had to get going, reached college, but reality had something else in store for me, no laptop & all the machines in resource centre were occupied by other crusaders, don’t ask me how I managed to collect data, U can say I have developed certain managerial qualities by managing to get Laptop’s from fellow crusaders.

The biggest fight with assignment was that I had data downloaded from various sources and collectively it looked like a collage, wherein 1st paragragph had nothing to do with 2nd one. Guys, imagine 1990 to 2005 , had everything about Indian economy. I remember the comment of my roomie, Ashwin, he was of the opinion that what will I know about economic trend in 1990 , by then I wud have been in 3rd or 4th standard…

Anyway, somehow I managed to complete the assignment by Monday 10 p.m. , yaar imagine, was awake till 4 on Sunday night fighting with data. When I saw guys still struggling with assignment on Tuesday (3rd day) , I concluded that only 2 category people managed to complete the assignment by 2nd day , one who knew everything & the other who didn’t know anything (dun ask me which pool I belong to) , and the remaining guys were those who had fair enuf idea about the topic were struggling on 3rd day .

Hey, if you wanna be a spectator to the above mentioned adventure , then do mail me about your interest, I will send you my !st MBA Assignment and a list of other assignments which needs to be completed……… :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger neermathalam said...

hey parag u too bitten by blog...
its nice to read ur blog....and regarding assingnments..If u can tell me the manhour rate...
perhaps i can help you...
See outsourcing and delegation make u a better manager..
BTB wen r u planing 2 my one lappie... !!!!

11:44 PM  
Blogger neermathalam said...

2 my* replace tat by buy

11:45 PM  
Blogger Pradeep Sonthalia said...

yaar parag well said!!!

i had the same feeling for ur
"national" + "income" =
(Major Chaos) National Income.

am sure there is lots more to come.. some1 somewhere doesnt like our happiness.

5:05 AM  
Blogger nebuchandnazzer said...

Welllllll.....
i do not know how u managed it dude,but the way u mentioned the episode for a moment i almost forgot the initial shock after the class, to say it succinctly...Rakesh Singh rocked my boat right in the middle of nowhere....nice reading the blog made...but it was too close to reading my own obituary..

3:46 AM  
Blogger Laks said...

oy... i remember that rollercoaster ride we all went thru :P.... lol.. rocky manages to do this to us almost everytime na :D

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home